好友

积分

职员

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2012-11-26 07:26 |显示全部楼层 |倒序浏览
[此帖已被设为精华]
声明:本帖是原创哦 转贴请跟作者联系

在应届生上看帖看了很久了 今天也做点贡献 讲讲rbs整个面试的过程吧 本人在伦敦读书 申的是伦敦的capital markets

交完网申之后很快收到Ability Center的邀请,Ability Center有两轮,第一轮SHL test,是纸质版的,比网上做的难度稍微大点,并且图的顺序是打乱的,也就是第一题跟第二题图不一样,但是第八题的图可能跟第一题的图一样。所以图形换来换去的,需要一定的熟练度才能做完20题。我们是不允许用自己的计算器的,所以就用RBS提供的最简单的计算器。不过事后有的同学感觉做的不好也过了Ability Center,所以我感觉test的正确率可能在80%(或者再稍微低点)就够了。

第二轮 one to one interview,面试我的是一个Capital Markets的MD。人超级nice,不停的说good。面试官手里是有一个list的,该问什么样的题目。所以他就从第一题一直问到最后一题,整个过程大概45分钟。题目挺常规,印象比较深的有以下几个
1)怎么三刀把蛋糕分八块?
2)london每天有多少人骑自行车上班?
3)跟曼彻斯特比,哪里骑自行车上班的人多?

Ability Center之后的三四天就收到了Assessement center的邀请。Assessement center 感觉intensive很多,流程如下
1) Written test
It is around 1 hour 15 minutes. Everyone is given a laptop to prepare a powerpoint. The reading material is a book with over 100 pages and it inludes a brief intro of company A, financial results of company A, equity research reports and etc. Everyone is allocated with two questions (one of them are different) and we need to address these two questions in powerpoint. My questions are a) SWOT analysis of company A's hedging strategies and 2) analysis of company A's financial results, highlighting what you would talk when meeting managers from company A

Tips of written test
a) A good structure is essential. As time is limited, I tried to deliver a complete structure although it is hard to fill in many details
b) It is impossible to read every single page. Go through all the materials quicky and pick the information you think is important. Equity research reports are very important, becuase they already give you a summary of the company's financial results. So I just use equity research reports instead of reading the financial statements and caculating the figures myself.
c) As e-version of the book is also given, utilize copy and paste to save time.
d) I added two pages at the end - one pages is to emphasize RBS is company A's trusted partner and RBS always provides value-added services to company A (the historical deals have been given), and the other page is about RBS expertise in the industry. I think this part is important as it shows candidates' business sense - linking all the delivery to bring potential deals to RBS.

2) Group discussion
We have 6 ppl in our team and 3 interviewers. All of us do a presentation about 1st question.  It is information exchange as everyone's 1st question is different. After individual presentation, the group discussion is to pick 3 things company A should prioritize. The 6 topics are hedging strategies, pension liability, expansion in emerging markets, and etc (sorry I forgot :p)

3) Role play
Role play is one to one, and I think it is the most difficult part. First, I need to give a summary of the group discussion results to the manager. After that, the interviewer's main focus are on a) why you do not pick the other three? He will throw a lot of arguments about how important the other three topics are. b) if there is one area you want to remove / add from company A's priority list, what would be that? It is difficult becuase you dont have a deep understanding of the other five topics. All your knowledge is from group discussion. If your teammate does not provide much info in group discussion, it is possible that you are ignorant about that area.

4) One to one interview
This is one to one and it is about situational interview. The interviewer gives me kinds of work situations and ask me how to handle.

然后现在已经过了一周多了 AC结果还是没出 呵呵

如果有同学想知道更多信息,可以联系我,sanyuehuaer@yahoo_ya**oo_co.uk,希望这些信息有用
+10
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

职员

发表于 2012-11-26 18:12 |显示全部楼层
willchow 发表于 2012-11-26 16:42
請問LZ是何時文網申的呢?

十月中吧 具体时间不记得了
+10
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

职员

发表于 2012-11-28 06:58 |显示全部楼层
很多人发邮件问我121问了什么 看看下面这个帖子吧 我几乎被问到了同样的问题 呵呵

http://bbs.yingjiesheng.com/thread-1552602-1-1.html

谢谢小小梦女孩  

顺便再提一下 我申请的是full time
+10
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

好友

积分

职员

发表于 2013-9-13 20:04 |显示全部楼层
太多人发邮件了 为了达到信息共享,开个新浪微博,大家可以浏览下,嘿嘿~名叫:小鱼先生来了
+10
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 QQ登录

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

应届生微信小程序|应届生求职网YingJieSheng.COM ( 沪ICP备12015550号-13 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-14 08:10