6万

积分

管理员

跳转到指定楼层
发表于 2021-10-9 17:19 |显示全部楼层 |倒序浏览
[此帖已被设为精华]
原贴楼主:DATOTO
原贴因系统原因处于锁贴状态,希望原楼主快快来解锁

River & Mercantile Group is an asset management firm that aims to provide investment advice/products for institutional clients in the UK. Since I wish I could get into the financial industry in the UK, I decided to apply for their investment consulting associate role this September. I heard back from them 1~2 weeks after I submitted my application with my CV & cover letter, and the first stage is the cover note test. They required me to send another document called cover note within 500 words particularly, in which I should include: 1. the reason why I'm interested in R&M and this role? 2. How do I believe my skills & interests make me well suited to this role? 3. An example of where I have previously used problem-solving skills. Several days after I sent them the cover note, I got into the second stage, which is a video interview with two consultants who worked in the DB investment consulting team currently.

The interview lasts around 30~45 minutes, but this time the interviewers are impassive, wearing the poker face. I felt that it's another kind of HireVue interview with real people... The questions I was asked were shown below.

• Self-introduction
  • What’s your thought toward R&M? Why did you apply for this role & this company?
  • What attribute did you think to make a good consultant?
  • What did you know about the pension schemes?
  • Describe a situation when you work on a successful team project? What is your responsibility? How did you impact the team?
  • Give an example of how you prioritise your workload when you experience a particularly busy time?
  • Did you have any questions for the two of us?

In retrospect, I considered that question 2&3 are similar to what I was asked in the cover note task, probably they just want to know my English writing skills in the first stage and start to think about my answer at this stage. Question 4 is new to me since I have not been exposed to the field of pension funds before, so I did not include too many details in my answer. Anyway, I wish I could get the offer soon.

https://bbs.yingjiesheng.com/thread-2331912-1-1.html

+10
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 QQ登录

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /1 下一条

应届生微信小程序|应届生求职网YingJieSheng.COM ( 沪ICP备12015550号-13 )

GMT+8, 2024-7-27 08:56