查看: 3921|回复: 0
go

[综合经验] Successful Story_Marketing [!copy_link!]

发表于 2009-9-7 11:43 |只看该作者 |倒序浏览 |打印
PG Marketing, A place for both women and men
  Laura Xiong--General Manager, Hong Kong Brand Operation,
  Greater China (16 service years)

If you want to become a successful professional marketer with increasing market value and manage a global $1 Billion brand, if you are the person willing to embrace challenge and trust working relationship, PG is one of the best companies you shouldn’t miss.

I joined PG as an Assistant Brand Manager (ABM) on Ariel in 1992, transferring to Pantene two years later, and then moving to Safeguard. After four years experience on different brands and categories, P&G shaped me from a junior graduate student to a Brand Manager on Olay with rich marketing skills. This was a fantastic opportunity and challenge, which allowed me to fully demonstrate my passion to win, entrepreneur to make a difference and accomplishment to turn around business. Along with my career development, I made decision to fulfill my personal dream – I became a mother in 1998. After 6 months maternity leave, I was assigned as the Brand Manager on Crest. In 2002, I was promoted to be a Marketing Director handling HK MDO business. In 2008, I was promoted to General Manager.

As a businesswoman, I always tell people PG is a great company for females, P&G not only offers fair opportunity to each individual no matter of race or gender, but also provides fruitful training programs to help women have a balanced career and life.

PG Marketing: A place for you to embrace new challenges everyday
   Jet Jing – Associate Marketing Director, Brand Operation Marketing Supply, Greater China (10 service years)

In PG, you can have full range of opportunities for diverse work experiences, which are essential in today's world to make you a competitive marketer and business leader. And more importantly, the company would always try the best to match your personal interest with business needs when designs your development plans. In 1998, I started my P&G career with a Hair Care brand - Rejoice, then after my second assignment in Crest, I was promoted as SK-II China Brand Manager. The move to beauty is a good complement to my marketing skill portfolio, and also a great experience for a totally different business model.

I told company that I would have oversea assignment to broaden my business view. I was surprised on how soon I got the assignment in Japan as the Global Olay Design Brand Manager, which is an exciting territory of marketing job, and brand new for me. During the 2 years work in Japan, as the Global Olay Whitening Franchise leader, I was leading teams with truly diverse culture background (from 9 different countries and located in 3 continents) for vision, strategy and innovation development. All of these have made this job challenging, exciting but invaluable to build my leadership and business skills. Of course, it’s always fun to travel around the world to understand the different consumers’ needs in variety markets…

After I came back to China with another exciting assignment as Brand Manager of Pampers China, I was promoted to Associate Marketing Director of Shopper Marketing, which actually is a first time created job in the cutting edge marketing area. I love it just like all I have experienced in past 7 years!

P&G Marketing: A big stage for the people with diverse background
  Chris Xiong—Brand Manager, Vector, Greater China (5.5 service years)

When I got the offer from P&G Marketing, I really doubted that whether I could perform well in this completely unknown area. Since in the previous 7 years, the only thing I knew was related to life-science and virology, and those lab experiments in Nankai University Life Science College. I had no idea about brand building, commercial and marketing etc, though I had some personal interest in them.

While only after a few years, P&G completely transformed me from a student with pure academic background to a professional marketer. I was just promoted to the Brand Manager and I still recalled clearly how I had been through in the past three and half years: My managers and colleagues gave me complete trust regardless of my background, bore with the mistakes I made and coached me with great patience. Of course I also proactively learnt from company intranet, centralized training courses and importantly daily business management. Everyday I met different people in different functions and I found something I could learn from them. In this “Marketing MBA”, what matters the most is not the background you had before, but the attitude you have today.

In P&G I can feel I am growing together with company’s growth. The life here is exciting and full of achievement!
+10

使用道具 举报 !return_top!

‹ 上一主题|下一主题

应届生微信小程序|应届生求职网YingJieSheng.COM ( 沪ICP备12015550号-13 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-27 06:07